Eastside Heritage Center profiles the William Hewitt and the Hewitt-Lea Lumber Mill on Wilburton Hill prior to the opening of the Ship Canal in their latest newsletter. Find it here.
Eastside Heritage Center‘s curriculum focuses on specific people who lived in various places around Lake Washington, whose lives were affected by the lowering of the Lake in 1916. Each unit includes a brief biography, primary source documents, historic photographs, a map showing the shoreline before and after the lake was lowered, and suggested questions and activities, aimed at 7th grade students. Developed in partnership with the Bellevue School District. For more information or to obtain curriculum materials, contact Eastside Heritage Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.